Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Spreading the Word

I have offered direct assistance to meet with NESS Liaisons, Instructional Coaches, and New Educators of the South Central Superintendent Schools regarding accessing, subscribing, and utilizing these podcasts. I will work around their schedule to meet the Liaison individually or during a NESS Support Group meeting.

Today, I am presenting this new resource during Dillard High’s NESS Support Group meeting. This will be fun!

Update:
For a group with no prior knowledge or background, they were able to navigate to the HRD website, click on the RSS feed and download a podcast. Since the computers were from the wireless cart, the participants did not subscribe though iTunes. The focus of the presentation was to discover the purpose of podcasts and how these clips can add to the development of a New Educator.

The harsh reality is that time to see “real” teachers during the day is not an option for some. The agreed (as measured by responses and bobble-head actions) that these clips can provide an opportunity to discuss teaching practices. I do wonder just how many will utilize these to coach and I did notice that many kept downloading the other podcast even after I was finished.

2 comments:

tm said...

How are you going to collect data on the use? Do each of the 3 groups mentioned in your blog have a different way of using the podcasts? Wouldn't it be interesting to compare the reaction/commentary on the use of this resource from the perspective of the new educator vs NESS liaison and teacher coach? Do you differentiate between new educator and ACE participant?

bagasuga4u /aka/ Denise Roberts said...

What was the consensus on the podcasts? Would their be a difference in their responses if the podcasts were audio and video?